Blog Archive

A blog about different Django related development.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Django Templating System and Skinning

There are several reason why implementing a skin system for your web site is advantages. If you're user centric you can you can do it because some users enjoy being able to customize the web sites they use frequently. I use skin for development purposes so I can turn on/off features such as style sheets and JavaScript or so I can develop a template and test it on a site before making changes to existing templates. Additionally every site I've been at for any length of time want a new look and feel. With a skin system you can implement all of these without having any down time for your average user and also maintain your earlier look because some users will always prefer it at least for a while, it's a comfort thing. I have documented and implemented such a system at Project.Django-Development.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I've recently gotten into woodworking and sustainable living. Not as a total life style change but more as a gradual growing process.